Monday, May 16, 2011

Rogue Space Refit

Damn, I hate when the most obvious thing hits you in the middle of sleep like a ton of bricks.  In a nutshell the Letter nomenclature for defense and damage is a carry over from Roguish RPG.  It helps not having 2d6 or 1d6+2 written out behind everything... I mean maybe it does, that's still in the test phase.

Any way I obviously carried it over  for Rogue Space but I forgot to ask my self my own favorite question...WHY?!  Sigh, clearly there is no point with fixed damage amounts, an the letter meaning something different depending on damage or protection!  What a mess.  Anyway its 5am here, and I have to fix it...before going to work or it will bother me all day.  Solution?  Well I uploaded it as v2.  The old rulebook files are gone replaced with v2. I can't say it's perfect as an honest re-write is really needed--BUT it is both clear, and playable.  As Han Solo would say, "C'mon baby hold together..."

Sorry for any needless confusion, time to launch!

No comments:

Post a Comment