Saturday, July 27, 2013

FASER...or PHASER?

 
Some of the feedback I've had on Rogue Space, since its launch, is a request for a bit more granularity in the attributes.  There are a couple different ways of achieving that, but the key for me is KISS: Keep It Simple Spacemonkey. Currently the attributes for Rogue Space are FASER:

Fighting
Acquiring
Scientific
Empathy
Repairing

Here is what I have play tested with, and while not earth shattering, it's made for better game play and a bit more interesting character definition. Be hold...PHASER

Physique-Physical strength, melee combat, running, swimming and climbing
Hustle-Getting, finding, hiding, or losing someone or something
Agility-Hand eye coordination, nimbleness, piloting, shooting and throwing
Scientific-Figuring out puzzles, problems, logical deduction, and analysis
Empathy-Interacting and influencing people, psychic ability: both resistance and usage
Repairing -fixing, upgrading, repairing, or jury-rigging mechanical objects.

Nothing earth shattering nor revolutionary, just a little tweaked and I think a nice evolution.

Your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Faser. To me, simple is more often better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, it's 50/50. FASER is simpler (I try to keep things simple with my own system), but the PHASER does have the added advantage of Physique (strength tests, etc).
    Each to their own I suppose.
    The best thing is to test PHASER and see what everybody thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all for your feedback, that makes the revision that much easier.

    ReplyDelete